Thank you to everyone who purchased a #SmileCookie in Hagersville and Jarvis during last week's campaign. Not only did you get to enjoy a delicious treat...you also helped support the West Haldimand General Hospital. Thank you @TimHortons for its support of over 550 local charities across Canada!
Your donations are an investment in our community. It is our hospital!
Many Ontarians believe that because we have a publicly funded health care system hospitals are fully supported by the government. However this is not the case, only operating costs are funded. Capital equipment purchases must be funded almost exclusively by its community.
The equipment we have been able to purchase and the goals we have reached were only achievable thanks to broad-based community support. Community giving has allowed our hospital to enter the age of digital imaging and minimally invasive surgery. It has helped us install technology that less than a decade ago did not exist.
Over the past years the Foundation with your help was able to fund the following equipment. Thank you to our many donors who continue to support the Foundation.
- Video Laryngoscope
- Treatment table
- Lift Assistance
- Endoscopy equipment
- Portable X-ray unit
- Transport monitors/defibrillators
- Cardiac monitors
- Paediatric immobilizer
- Overhead surgical light
- Vital signs monitor
- ER stretchers
- Whirlpool turbine pump
- Heat sealer
- Hospital wide signage
- Electronic beds
- Ultrasound machine
- Telepharmacy communications system
- Central cardiac monitoring system
- ECG (electrocardiogram) machine
- Digital X-Ray Machine
- Update Mammography for digital images
- Picture Archive Communications System (PACS) a digital archival system
- In-patient unit privacy curtains and window coverings for all patient rooms
- Renovation and infection control up-grades to the in-patient unit
- Commodes and flushers
- ER Renovation to accommodate new central bedside cardiac monitoring system
- Wheelchair, equipped with IV attachments
- Blanket warmer
- Education/training Resus "Annie"
- Chapel Renovation and new furniture
- Dietary freezer
- ER portable cautery
- Techlem stretchers
- Portable oximeter with ear clip
- Physiotherapy weights/cuffs
- Oxygen suction equipment for ER/OR
- Wheel chair/commode washer
- Feeding pump
Thank you to everyone for their support in helping the Foundation fund this much needed equipment
Click here to see our 2017 Hospital Equipment Wish List
Donate now to this much needed hospital Equipment